Thursday, December 19, 2019

Finish Line! I'm Home!



Goodbye mission life!! This morning I got dropped off at the mission office at 7 am! We traveled from retalhuleu to guate (the capital) with hermana dominguez, hermana soriano, hermana Rodriguez, and hermana ontiveros. It was actually really fun with them. We got to the mall and our jaws dropped seeing all the Christmas stuff and nice stores and normal people. Then we got dropped off at the temple housing and ran into a temple session. It was a really good one. I offered up my mission to heavenly father and I asked him if he accepted it, and he answered me with doctrine and covenants section 126. I felt so happy that he accepted my sacrifice. Also when I walked into the celestial room the sealing room door was wide open and I felt so strong that, that is the next step!!! Crazy. I feel a lot of peace and closer with my mission. It still hasn't hit me. I know it wont until i'm in the USA. But I know i'm gonna miss this so much. I am so excited to see my family. AHHHH. I love them so much. The airplane home was insane. I showed up to the check in desk and they asked for my passport and I was shaking so bad that I had them pull it out for me. Then I saw that my flight had been delayed! Which means I was only going to have 40 minutes to go through customs, get my luggage, recheck my luggage, go through security, and then find my gate which was a train ride away!!!!!!!!!!! As I took off from Guatemala, I reflected on how it truly was my Gethsemane. I was so emotional because I learned to love the Guatemalans and I was closing a chapter in my life. So once I landed I booked it out of the door and ran to customs. I was so out of breath. I got to baggage claim and mine were the last to come down, then I rechecked them. Then I waited for security and asked if there was a faster line and she told me that there is no such thing hahah then TSA decided to check my bag. Then I ran to take the train to the next door terminal. I got to my terminal 10 minutes before the flight took off and I was the last person to board the plane hahaha!!! But the thing is I made it!! 4.5 hours later we landed in Ontario. I seriously was dry heaving. It was SO bad! I got off and I said a prayer before walking down. Then I DID IT!!! I hugged my mom. We hugged for sooo long! I just told her I felt like I was in a dream. Then I hugged Dad and all the kids and we all just cried. 













Then we all went to in-n-out and joked about GUATLIFE!!! Later I got to see cooper!! And he remembered me and peeped all over me!! haha I was too happy to care! Then I laid on the carpet. The next day we got up bright and early to get released. It was so emotional being released from a calling so special. President Cartozian had be share my testimony with my family. I cried the entire time. Once he officially released me I felt the mantel come off my shoulders. I felt my chest physically collapse and I started to cry. I knew I would miss that responsibility. Then dad gave me a fathers blessing and he told me that the lord will still guide me, and he wont take me away from the path. . I know that we ALL have the privilege to work in His vineyard. We can all be His hands and care for our neighbor. I have learned to be His hands. I know He lives. I know He loves us. I know that he hears every prayer. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints is the only church on this earth that has all of the saving ordinances to grant us eternal life. I know it because I have prayed.  I know. I have testified and will continue to testify because I have such a conviction of the gathering of Israel. I know we can only gather Israel with the book of Mormon. I love the book of moron and I love the bible. I know Christ came and bore record to the laminates here in the Americas. I love the Guatemalans. They changed my life. What level of humility and love. Lots of missionaries finish their mission and wonder if they had success. I would be so bold to say that if a missionary comes to know where to find peace in the storm, which is Christ, and they have been converted into a disciple then their personal mission was a success. in the end all else will fail unless we put our faith in Christ. A full-time mission is a price worth paying.






She returned with honor!!
Cooper remembered Brynn!
This is what  #GUATLIFE Finish line looks like

No comments:

Post a Comment